The unincorporated areas of Polk County receive yellow containers for curbside pickup one day each week. The following items are accepted in the yellow recycling bins:
- All color glass bottles and jars. (No Ceramic dishware, window pane, mirrors or car windows)
- All paper and paperboard products (newspapers, junk mail, magazines, cardboard, cereal boxes, shoe boxes etc.) Make sure large boxes have been cut or folded into a 3' x 3' size
- Plastic containers/bottles #1-6 within your home. (Milk jugs, detergent water and soda bottles, butter tubs, yogurt cups, frozen meal trays) No wax cartons.
- All metal - aluminum or steel (tin) containers. (No metal pipes)
Lids and labels can stay on the containers
Need a Recycling Bin?
Please call Polk County Waste & Recycling Division at (863) 284-4319 or Republic Services at (863) 665-1489 or request a recycling bin online using the online form.
Recycling Drop-Off Centers
All centers take recyclable items at free of charge. All recyclables other than paper should be rinsed and drained. All recycling centers collect the following items:
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Non-Food Contaminated Paper & Paperboard
- Plastic Containers #1-6
Lakeland - Call 863-834-8773 for possible locations
Winter Haven - Call 863-291-5757 for possible locations
North Central Landfill
10 Environmental Loop
Winter Haven, FL 33880
Have a Question?
Please call Polk County Waste & Recycling Division, Recycling Services at (863) 284-4319 or Republic Services at (863) 665-1489.