Lakes Access Advisory Committee
The Lakes Access Advisory Committee studies how to increase public access to Polk County's lakes, and reports findings and recommendations back to the County Commission.
Meetings for the Lakes Access Advisory Committee are determined by the committee and are open to the public.
- Rachelle Coleman Selser, Chair, Nov.17, 2014
- David Hupp, Vice Chair, Nov. 17, 2013
- Mark Osborne, Nov. 17, 2013
- George Passwater, Nov. 17, 2013
- Eric Johnson, Nov. 17, 2014
- Tom Palmer, Oct. 4, 2016
- David Anderson, Dec. 13, 2016
- Arlen Ledbetter, Dec. 13, 2016
- Larry Johnson, Nov. 17, 2016
- Ronald Schelfo, Nov. 17, 2014
Qualifications for Board Members / How to Apply
The Lakes Access Advisory Committee includes 10 members appointed by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners:
- Each Commissioner of the Board shall appoint two members to the Committee
- All previous appointments to the Lakes Access Advisory Committee are hereby repealed and replaced with the appointments and terms of membership herein
The Committee elects a chair and vice-chair from its membership annually, and the chair and vice-chair may serve successive terms. Members appointed to the Committee shall serve a term of three years. Reappointments for additional terms are permitted. In the event of a vacancy of any member during a term of office, the commissioner for the district assigned to make the appointment for that member position shall appoint a successor member, subject to approval of the board, to serve for the remainder of the unexpired term. Members shall serve at the pleasure of the board and may be removed without cause at any time.
For more information, call Mike Callender at (863) 534-4340, or by email at