The Polk County Planning Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Planning Commission approves or denies certain types of development applications in the Land Development Code. These developments are identified in the code as a Level 3 or Level 4 review. For more information, call Erik Perterson or Margo White at (863) 534-6792, or by email at ErikPeterson@polk-county.net or MargoWhite@polk-county.net.
The Planning Commission meets at 9 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month in the board room of the County Administration Building, 330 W. Church St. in Bartow.
- Kevin Updike, (Chair), Aug. 31, 2020
- Rebecca Troutman, (Vice Chair), Aug. 31, 2020
- Matthew Cain, (Secretary), Sept. 30, 2019
- Sean Harper, Aug. 31, 2020
- Susan S. Brewer, Aug. 31, 2019
- Leigh Ann Wynn, Sept. 18, 2021
- Gerald "Jerry Mixon Jr., Oct. 18, 2021
- Jonathan Fleming, (Alternate), July 1, 2020
- Chris Collany, (Alternate), Sept. 18, 2021
- James Lancsek, (Alternate), Jan. 2, 2020
- Lt. Col. Paul E."Forrest" Neidhardt, Avon Park Air Force Range
- Charles (Buck) MacLaughlin, Avon Park Air Force Range (Alternate)
- Pamela L. Luce, Polk County School Board
- Jerry Rodriguez, Polk County School Board (Alternate)
Qualifications for Board Members / How to Apply
Links to Documents
Land Use Cases
For more information, call Erik Perterson or Margo White at (863) 534-6792, or by email at ErikPeterson@polk-county.net or MargoWhite@polk-county.net.
Polk County Meetings and Agendas