Sidewalk Advisory Committee
The Sidewalk Advisory Committee evaluates new sidewalk needs throughout Polk County and prioritizes projects for funding that are recommended to the Board of County Commissioners as part of the annual budgeting process.
Sidewalk Advisory Committee meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month beginning in January and continue until the prioritized list of new sidewalk projects is finalized for submission to the Board prior to the annual budget hearings in September.
- John Hansen, Commissioner District 1
- Anthony Lawrence, Commissioner District 2
- VACANT, Commissioner District 3
- Charlotte Thomas, Commissioner District 3
- Shannon Dwyer, Commissioner District 5
- Wade Allen, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Amy Gregory, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Joe Montoya, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Greg Hentschel, Polk CountyLand Development
- Julia Davis, Transportation Planning Organization (TPO)
- Larry Hermes, Polk County School Board
- Sgt. Michael Bissett, Polk County Sherriff's Office
Non-Member Liaison Bill Skelton, Polk County Roads & Drainage
For more information, contact Bill Skelton at BillSkelton@polk-county.net, or at (863) 535-2200.
Qualifications for Board Members / How to Apply
The Sidewalk Advisory Committee includes five public members appointed by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners; as well as four Roads & Drainage Division staff, and one representative each from the Polk Transportation Planning Organization (TPO), the Polk County School Board, and the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
Each Commissioner of the Board shall appoint one member to the Committee. All appointments to the Sidewalk Advisory Committee are repealed and replaced with the appointments and terms of membership adopted by resolution. The Committee elects a chair and vice-chair from its membership annually, and the chair and vice-chair may serve successive terms. Members appointed to the Committee shall serve a term of three years. Reappointments for additional terms are permitted.
Meeting schedules and documents
Sidewalk Advisory Committee meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. in Room 413 on the fourth floor of the Combee Administration Building located at 330 West Church Street in Bartow, Florida. Meetings are open to the public.
Past Meeting Documents (2015-2017)
2018 Meeting Schedule