Sidewalk Advisory Committee
The Sidewalk Advisory Committee evaluates new sidewalk needs throughout Polk County and prioritizes projects for funding that are recommended to the Board of County Commissioners as part of the annual budgeting process.
- John Hansen, Commissioner District 1
- Anthony Lawrence, Commissioner District 2
- Victor Troiano, Commissioner District 3
- Charlotte Thomas, Commissioner District 3
- Allen Ayris, Commissioner District 5
- Wade Allen, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Amy Gregory, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Joe Montoya, Polk County Roads & Drainage
- Greg Hentschel, Polk County Land Development
- Julia Davis, Transportation Planning Organization (TPO)
- Larry Hermes, Polk County School Board
- Sgt. Michael Bissett, Polk County Sheriff's Office
Qualifications for Board Members / How to Apply
The Sidewalk Advisory Committee includes five public members appointed by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners; as well as four Roads & Drainage Division staff, and one representative each from the Polk Transportation Planning Organization (TPO), the Polk County School Board and the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
Each commissioner of the Board shall appoint one member to the Committee. All appointments to the Sidewalk Advisory Committee are repealed and replaced with the appointments and terms of membership adopted by resolution. The Committee elects a chair and vice-chair from its membership annually, and the chair and vice-chair may serve successive terms. Members appointed to the Committee shall serve a term of three years. Reappointments for additional terms are permitted.
Sidewalk Advisory Committee meetings are held at 6 p.m. in Room 413 on the fourth floor of the Combee Administration Building located at 330 W. Church St. in Bartow. Meetings are open to the public.
Conference Room 407/413
330 W. Church St.
Bartow, FL 33831