Budget and Management Services
Polk's budget office prepares the county's budget each year and oversees the five-year community investment projects, along with monitoring expenditures for the county commission and ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.
Polk County's fiscal year begins Oct. 1 and ends Sept 30. At the direction of the county manager, the budget office prepares the proposed budget based on requests from the county's different divisions, elected officials and any outside agencies.
Budget work sessions are held beginning in May and the proposed budget is presented to the County Commission each year in July. Both the tentative and final millage rates are adopted in September.
Fiscal Year Budgets
- FY 20-21 Proposed Budget
- Adopted Tentative Budget for Fiscal Year 2020 Second Public Hearing 9-16-19
- FY 19-20 Adopted Resolution #19-098 (Stormwater MSTU Millage Rate)
- FY 19-20 Adopted Resolution #19-099 ( Ad Valorem Millage Rates)
- FY 19-20 Adopted Resolution #19-100 (Final Budget for Stormwater)
- FY 19-20 Adopted Resolution #19-101 (Final Budget)
- Proposed Tentative Budget for Fiscal Year 2020 First Public Hearing 09-10-19
- FY 2019-2020 Proposed Budget
- FY 18-19 First Public Hearing 10 September 2018 Tentative Budget and Millage
- FY 18-19 2nd Public Hearing 17 September 2018 - Adopted Budget and Millage
- FY 18-19 Adopted Resolution 18-099 (Stormwater MSTU Millage Rate)
- FY 18-19 Adopted Resolution 18-100 ( Ad-Valorem Millage Rates)
- FY 18-19 Adopted Resolution 18-101 (Final Budget for Stormwater)
- FY 18-19 Adopted Resolution 18-102 (Final Budget)
- FY 2018-2019 Proposed Budget
- Central Florida Development Council Statement 2018
- CFDC Annual Report 2018-19
Phone: (863) 534-6576
Toll Free: (800) 780-5346
330 W. Church St.
Bartow, FL 33830
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.