Polk County Government Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) was approved by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners, with $17 million in funding from the federal Emergency Rental Assistance program. Up to $12,000 in assistance can be provided. The program is designed to pay directly to landlords, property management and utility companies on behalf of qualifying Polk County residents. To help expedite the distribution of funds, the county has partnered with local nonprofit agencies to target, process and coordinate the applications for those in need.
Agencies accepting applications starting Oct. 25
The Agricultural and Labor Program Inc.
Heart for Winter Haven Inc.
Florida Rural Legal Services Inc.
- Website: www.frls.org/covid
- Phone: (888) 582-3410, ext. 3022 or 3016
Apply if you are a Polk County resident and meet one of the criteria below:
- Experienced reduced household income due to COVID-19
- Experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
- You are at risk of being homeless (you have received an eviction notice, utility shutoff notice, past due rent notice, or past due utility notice)
- Future rent up to three months
- Rental arrears, including charged late fees from April 1, 2020
- Utility arrears that includes electricity, gas, water and Internet
- Driver license or identification card for applicant
- Attest of financial impact due to COVID-19
- Show household income level at or below 80 percent of area median income
- Delinquent statement for rent and/or utilities from landlord or utility company
- Current lease or rental statement in applicant or household member name
- W-9 form from your landlord or property manager
No duplication of benefits
- Assistance cannot duplicate assistance provided for the same costs or same months from Our Floida or Polk County's ERA programs.