Polk County's buildings don't just take care of themselves. That's the job of Polk's Facilities Management Division. If you notice an issue with a Polk County building or property, email Keith Tate at KeithTate@polk-county.net or call (863) 534-5511.
Facilities Management is divided into two programs:
Building Maintenance Program
Mark Kithcart, Building Maintenance Manager
(863) 534-5511 | MarkKithcart@polk-county.net
- Maintenance and repairs for county-owned buildings
- Custodial services
- Utilities within county buildings
- Contracts for preventive maintenance
- Fire alarm repair, monitoring, fire extinguisher inspections
- Pest control
- Elevator maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
Architectural Services Program
Steve McMillan, Architectural Services Manager
(863) 534-5511 | SteveMcMillan@polk-county.net
- Project management and coordination with county divisions and constitutional offices in the construction of major and minor Polk County vertical construction and remodeling projects.
- Development of the scope of services, contract negotiations and project administration for Community Investment Projects.
- Feasibility studies and reports.
- Project budgets, progress and status reports, letters, files and other documentation related to projects.
- Monitors the project schedule and the quality of the work during the design and construction of county vertical projects.
- Design and construction meetings held with design consultants and contractors.
- Monthly invoices and/or pay requisitions from the consultants and contractors.
- Records of project reports, construction documents and files for all completed county vertical construction projects.
Phone: (863) 534-5511
Toll Free: (800) 780-5346
2160 Marshall Edwards Dr.
Bartow, FL 33830
Office Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.