CSX Reschedules Crossing Closures in Bartow
Published on Jan 25, 2022
Bartow, Fla. (January 25, 2022) — Repairs to some CSX Transportation rail crossings in Bartow are being fast-tracked to start a day-or-two earlier, while the N. Broadway Avenue crossing south of Polk Street, previously scheduled to close on Thursday, will now close early Friday morning for one-day only. Rescheduling closures is expected to lessen downtown Bartow traffic issues related to the proximity of overlapping road closures near county government offices and the Polk County Courthouse. Detours to bypass crossing closures will still mean travel delays. Repairs should last one-to-three days at each location unless otherwise noted. Heavier than usual congestion can be expected at peak hours. Commuters should drive carefully and be alert to signs redirecting traffic. Extra time should be added to trips in and around Bartow. Following schedule remains subject to change.
- Crown Avenue and Baker Avenue crossings south of Polk Street remain closed for another two days
- N. Mill Avenue south of Polk Street and west of the Polk County Administration Building reopening Thursday morning
Wednesday, January 26
- N. Oak Avenue and N. Searcy Avenue south of E. North Street
- E. Church Street east of E. Boulevard Street
Thursday, January 28 or Friday, January 29
- Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Magnolia Street east of S. 10th Street
- E. Gibbons Street and E. Clower Street east of Spessard Holland Parkway (U.S. Highway 17)
Friday, January 28
- N. Broadway Avenue south of Polk Street (for one-day only)
The Polk County Board of County Commissioners and County Manager’s Office regret any traveling disruptions caused by CSX closures. However, longstanding statutory entitlements provide CSX considerable authority to close roads crossing their railway lines. Polk County recognizes these repairs are necessary and will make for better and safer driving conditions when completed.
Anyone wanting to report a public road rail crossing issue or complaint should call CSX at 1-800-232-0144 or email them at TellCSX@csx.com.