Media Advisory: Joint Meeting of SCTPA and CFMPOA
Published on Jun 6, 2022
Bartow, Fla (June 3, 2022) – The media is invited to attend the joint meeting of the Sun Coast Transportation Planning Alliance and the Central Florida MPO Alliance. These organizations are represented by local elected officials and include 16 counties across the greater Central Florida and Tampa Bay areas. This meeting will be held at 11:30 a.m. Friday, June 10 at the Lake Eva Conference Center, 799 Johns Ave., Haines City.
Tampa Bay and the Central Florida region are consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing areas in the country. To better understand the transportation challenges that come along with rapid growth and to discuss various solutions, the Polk Transportation Planning Organization is hosting the joint meeting of the Sun Coast Transportation Planning Alliance and Central Florida Metropolitan Planning Organization.
The joint board meeting will discuss the various transportation funding options available to local governments in Florida and will feature a panel discussion on transportation funding to educate participants in best practices.
Multiple elected officials will be attending.
The Polk Transportation Planning Organization is a transportation policy-making organization that is responsible for making sure federal and state dollars spent on existing and future transportation projects and programs in Polk County are based on a continuing, cooperative and comprehensive transportation planning process.
INVESTING IN MOBILITY - LOCAL OPTIONS FOR TRANSPORTATION FUNDING
Joint Meeting of Sun Coast Transportation Planning Alliance (SCTPA) and Central Florida MPO Alliance (CFMPOA)
June 10, 2022
Lunch, 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Joint Meeting, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Hosted by Polk County TPO
There are two ways to participate in this meeting:
a) In person at Lake Eva Event Center, Haines City, FL; RSVP to Annettecrewsdowns@polk-county.net
b) For viewing purposes only, live at: https://youtu.be/8dAIKrf_jCs
1. Call to Order & Introductions
Commissioner Roy Tyler, Commissioner Michelle Stone
a. Declaration of quorum (Clerk)
2. Acknowledgement of Meeting Minutes
Approval of Minutes, CFMPOA-SCTPA Joint Meeting of July 10, 2020
3. Public Comment – 3 minutes per speaker
4. Introducing CFMPOA and SCTPA (15 minutes)
Virginia Whittington, MetroPlan Orlando and Whit Blanton, Forward Pinellas
5. Florida’s Transportation Vision and Priorities (15 minutes)
David Gwynn, District Secretary, FDOT District Seven
6. FDOT Trails and Nonmotorized Transportation (15 minutes)
Robin Birdsong, SunTrail and Transportation Alternatives, FDOT
7. Making the Case for Alternative Transportation Revenue Sources in FL (15 minutes)
Mark Reichert, Executive Director, MPOAC
8. Transportation Sales Surtax Panel Discussion (45 minutes)
• Kimberly Overman, Chair, Hillsborough County Commission
• Michelle Stone, Commissioner, Marion County Commission
• Greg Stuart, Executive Director, Broward MPO
• Robert Peskin, Senior Consulting Manager, AECOM
• Moderated by Polk TPO, Parag Agrawal, Executive Director
9. Old & New Business
Save the Date! Gulf Coast Safe Streets Summit, November 2-4, 2022, RP Funding Center, Lakeland, Florida
10. Closing Remarks