Gas Pipeline Test Closing Bartow and Lake Wales Area Roads for Four Hours Early Wednesday Morning
Published on Aug 1, 2022
Bartow, Fla. (August 1, 2022) — In the early morning hours of Wednesday, August 3, Florida Gas Transmission Company (FGT) will test 11.4 miles of its natural gas pipeline from north of the intersection of Old Bartow Eagle Lake Road at Radford Road in the Gordonville area to southeast of the State Road 60 at West Lake Wales Road intersection in Lake Wales. Pipeline testing will take place from midnight to 4:00 a.m. using pressurized water. If the test does not pass, another night of testing will be necessary.
During testing, the following roads will be closed:
• All lanes of Bomber Road from Fighter Road to Pershing Street at Carolyn Way
• Hunt Road at Bomber Road
• Clark Road at Bomber Road
• David Drive at Bomber Road
• All lanes of Fighter Road from Bomber Road to Trainer Road
• All lanes of Trainer Road from Fighter Road to the western end of road
• All lanes of Ben Durrance Road from Beechcraft Street to Bomber Road
Law enforcement will be stationed at pipe crossings during the test. Emergency vehicles will be given access at all times. Any integrity issues identified during the test will be corrected before additional testing.
For more information about the test, contact Mr. Terry Coleman at 844-FGT-INFO (844-348-4636) or Bill Skelton with the Polk County Roads & Drainage Division at 863-535-2200.