Pipeline Retest Closing Bartow Area Roads for Four Hours Early Wednesday Morning
Published on Aug 9, 2022
Bartow, Fla. (August 9, 2022) —Florida Gas Transmission Company (FGT) will conduct another retest of its natural gas pipeline that runs from the Gordonville area of Bartow to southeast of State Road 60 at West Lake Wales Road in Lake Wales. Previous retesting revealed pipeline leaks requiring repair. The latest retest will take place in the early morning hours of Wednesday, August 10 from midnight to 4:00 a.m. If this round of testing does not pass, another retest will be scheduled.
During testing, the following roads will be closed:
• All lanes of Bomber Road from Fighter Road to Pershing Street at Carolyn Way
• Hunt Road at Bomber Road
• Clark Road at Bomber Road
• David Drive at Bomber Road
• All lanes of Fighter Road from Bomber Road to Trainer Road
• All lanes of Trainer Road from Fighter Road to the western end of road
• All lanes of Ben Durrance Road from Beechcraft Street to Bomber Road
Law enforcement will be stationed at pipe crossings during retesting. Emergency vehicles will be given access at all times. Any integrity issues identified during the test will be corrected before additional testing.
For more information about the test, contact Mr. Terry Coleman at 844-FGT-INFO (844-348-4636) or Bill Skelton with the Polk County Roads & Drainage Division at 863-535-2200.