Yard Waste (Horticultural Trash)
Yard waste collection service is intended for the collection of routine lawn and landscape maintenance. Routine yard waste is collected once a week.
Guidelines for routine yard waste collection
- Curbside Collection Guidelines
- Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
- Yard waste items must be:
- curbside from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- within three feet of the curb or edge of the street
- at least three feet from other fixed objects
- All yard waste must be bagged, bundled or containerized for collection
- Up to four containers will be collected per week
- Bundles, bags, or containers of yard waste should weigh less than 30 pounds each
- Branches should be no more than three feet in length and no more than two inches in diameter
Routine yard trash
Any vegetative matter resulting from residential property lawn and landscaping maintenance including:
- Shrub and tree trimmings
- Grass clippings
- Palm fronds
Non-routine yard trash
Material placed curbside that does not meet the county guidelines of routine yard trash will be tagged with a non-collection notice, which serves to inform the resident that the material is non-conforming debris and therefore cannot be collected. If a material is non-conforming, then disposal is the responsibility of the resident. Routine yard trash does not include:
- Whole trees/tree trunks
- Root systems
- Land clearing debris (i.e. rocks, bushes)
For a list of contract haulers to remove non-conforming debris, contact the Waste and Recycling Division at (863) 284-4319.